Monday, June 30, 2008

Issue 474 - Can A Balloon Model Flower Wilt?

Hi,
I hope everything is ok where you are.

I'll be honest with you, I was struggling to come up with something to write about today.
I dont' know why, maybe it's too much sun, or not enough chocolate.
Or maybe both.

So, what I've decided to do is to pursue the idea I wrote about last week.

You may remember, (and if not then why the h*ll not) that I told a story from 1996, when my girlfriend at the time started playing with my peculiars in the cinema while I was trying to watch the film.
Let's just say I was not Mr. Popular when I told her 'film tickets don't grow on trees, you know'.

Ok, I didnt use those exact words, but a dark thunder descended in the auditorium, and I'm convinced it was little things like that which made her give me a one way ticket to Dumpsville on her next birthday.

In fact here's another little tale that makes me giggle - on said birthday I drove to where she working in a pub, and since we had both been entertainers together, I decided to surprise her with a balloon model flower.

I thought it was impressive with leaves and petals and everything.
She didn't.

If a balloon model flower could wilt, it would have done so right there and then as a now worryingly familiar dark thunder descended.

Anyhoo as I said I think it was my decision to insist on watching that film which contributed to my life changing.
When she booted me into touch, I felt the full force of depression which was a long road to get out of.
Some people might think that either my decision had no impact, or because I didn't know at the time, it's irrelevant to look back now.

Well, I think it's a fact that our life direction so far has been made up of lots of little choices.

Remember the film Sliding Doors, which covered this very idea?
Gwyneth Paltrow doing a very passable British accent by the way.

Why do people get cast 'doing an accent?'
TV at the moment has Brit Anna Friel doing a US accent in Pushing Daisies, and then there's Hugh Laurie in House.
Mind you if it's a choice between Hugh Laurie, or Anna and Gwyneth, I know where I'm headed...

My point is that we don't know when all these little decisions come.
However, we *do* know when some decisions are coming.
Setting things in motion which work towards your goals may have consequences you don't yet know about.

They may be good, they may be bad, but surely it's better to take control of life's steering wheel, and do the best you can to pick your own route?
Otherwise you end up at the whim of circumstance.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is the kind of stuff I write about in my book, 'Transform Your Life in 21 Days!' which has a link below.

Ok that's it for today!
'Til Next Time,
Health & Happiness,
Gordon
P.S. If you know anyone else who you think would enjoy the Great Gordino Newsletter, please pass it on to them!

Transform Your Life In 21 Days:
http://www.transformyourlifenow.com

Want me to teach you how I write my articles?
http://www.articlewritingknowhow.com

Grab my free 8 Step Goal Achievement Plan by sending a blank email to:
mailto:transform@getresponse.com

No comments: