Monday, March 10, 2008

Issue 458 - Downstairs Chafing...Ouch

Hi,
I hope Monday finds you well.

I did 12 miles yesterday for my marathon training.
It went ok, but I had forgotten to wear my cycling padded shorts.
That particular lapse of memory comes with a price to be paid in the chafing department, and let me tell you, I'm paying it today....
(sympathy sponsorship can be made via the link at the bottom!)

I'm not at all sure what to write about today, I have no single subject that screams to be written about.
So, I looked into the news of lat week, and came up with something that I'm a big fan of - responsibility.

There was a long debate and vote in our Government about whether there should be a referendum on the European Treaty.
The reason it was so important is twofold.

Firstly, the laws of Great Britain are made by the elected MPs debating and then voting on the bills of law put forward.
This means that every voter is represented in the process (more on that bit later!)
However, the new treaty means that that are now 60 more areas, in addition to previous ones, where the laws of our land are superceded by European law.
European law is not set by our MPs, but by bureaucrats, thus meaning we lose our right to make our own decisions.

That's important enough, but the 2nd reason this vote about a referendum was so important, is that it was promies by the government in the election.
One of their platforms for election was that there would be a referendum on the European Constitution.
Then there was a tinkering with the constitution, including a name change to treaty, so now the government say it's not the same thing.

This is a classic case of moving the goalposts, and the opposition parties did a poor job of saying so.
That means that the chap who beat me in the 2005 election has not kept a promise to the people that elected him.
It's things like this that make me feel I should stand again in the next election, and in general life I think people should always take responsibility.

Take responsibility for your actions.
Take responsibility for your circumstances.
Take responsibility for your promises, critical if you are a representative of the people, but just as critical when you represent *yourself.*

Ok, that's it for this week, I'm off to tend to my chafing, and here's this week's thought - do you take proper responsibility?

'Til Next Time,
Health & Happiness,
Gordon
P.S. If you know anyone else who you think would enjoy the Great Gordino Newsletter, please pass it on to them!

Please sponsor my marathon:
http://www.gordonbryan.com/marathon08.html

Transform Your Life In 21 Days:
http://www.transformyourlifenow.com

How To Make Money From Movies:
http://www.gordonbryan.com/movies

Grab my free 8 Step Goal Achievement Plan by sending a blank email to:
mailto:transform@getresponse.com

No comments: