Monday, January 28, 2008

Issue 452 - A Great Bit Of Crumpet!

Hi,
I hope Monday finds you well.

I had some great crumpet over the weekend...

I was playing curling and had a sudden urge for crumpet, so I stopped off at the nearest Tesco and bought a pack of 8.
They had a 'buy one get one free' offer which was even better, and I luxuriated in some crumpets as the butter oozed into those little holes.

I mention it because something on the packet caught my eye.
It said that as a serving suggestion you could drizzle the crumpet with honey.
Mmmm, that sounds nice, but it's the word 'drizzle' that appeals to me.

They could have said 'plop' some honey, or 'dollop' some honey, but they said 'drizzle'.
The end result is the same, but the choice of word makes the mental image much more attractive.

That's why I love words, they have the power to move (unless you're constipated in which case laxative might be a better option).

Words are at the centre of a couple of ideas I have on the go.

I have an offer going for me to write your articles for you on any subject, for $10 for a 300+ word article.
That's not a bad price, and you can see the offer here:
http://www.warriorforum.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=215776

My second idea also involves articles, and it's something I've thought about doing for a while.
With the 5th anniversary of the newsletter approaching fast, it seems a good time to act on my idea of teaching people how to write articles.

When I say 'teaching people', I don't just mean knocking together an ebook (although that model is not to be sniffed at!)
No, what I had in mind was interactive one-on-one teaching, via instant video chat.
5 sessions of approx. 1 hour each and the spacing of sessions will allow us to over the whole spectrum.

I'll be showing why and how articles work their magic.
I'll be showing you the way I construct them. and the formula which allows me to knock out articles on any subject quickly and efficiently.
I'll be doing a live example in front of you on any subject you choose, and then will literally watch over your shoulder as you write and submit an article.

This 5 hours of teaching will leave you in a position where you never have to buy another article, you can write them yourself.
You can then use them to send traffic to any webpage you want.
You can sell your own articles.
You could pass on your new knowledge to others.

My only real decision is the price to charge.
I know that here in the UK, a tradesman like a plumber or electrician will charge $80 for 1 hour.
By that reckoning I could fairly charge $497 and it would still be cheap as you'd be getting residual benefit.

I think to start with I'm going to charge $97 though, and I'm going to give my newsletter readers the first crack at ordering.
This is by way of thanking you for reading, after all 5 years of newsletter writing would be pretty pointless without someone to read it!

I'll be taking people on a first come, first served basis.
I'm not taking live orders at the moment, but if you want to express interest, you can put yourself on the 'option' list, which means that when I do go live, probably next week, you'll get first refusal.

Remember at the top of this issue I said I got an urge for crumpet while playing curling?
Well all thoughts of crumpet will have to go this week - my concentration will need to be at full strength, as it's the English National Championships!

I'm really excited to be playing against the best that English curling has to offer, to get a good gauge of how far my game has developed.
My first game is Wednesday evening at 1900, then I play everyday until Sunday morning at 930.
Wish me luck! (I suspect I'll need it).

'Til Next Time,
Gordon
P.S. If you know anyone else who you think would enjoy the Great Gordino Newsletter, please pass it on to them!

Please sponsor my marathon:
http://www.gordonbryan.com/marathon08.html

Transform Your Life In 21 Days:
http://www.transformyourlifenow.com

How To Make Money From Sport:
http://www.gordonbryan.com/sport

Grab my free 8 Step Goal Achievement Plan by sending a blank email to:
mailto:transform@getresponse.com

No comments: