Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Issue 485 - Careful With Comparisons!

Hi,
I hope Tuesday finds you well.

Another Tuesday issue, as having spent nearly a week trying to get the internet sorted at the curling rink, I got home last night to find no internet access at home - D'oh!!

Tooth update - I won't give you all the gory details, but let's just say the Tooth Fairy must have read last week's issue, as it could have gone better!

Ok, here are the gory details...
I got all jabbed up with the anaesthetic, and had got settled down with my eyes closed, a great tip as you never see what's heading into your mouth then!
I was also using relaxation techniques to take myself off somewhere else...1...2...3...

Then I heard what you never want to hear the dentist say - 'Nurse can I have a wider root loosener please.'

1...2...3...!

Then the dentist (if that's what she was) told me she couldn't get it away from the bone and would have to 'saw into the bone'!

7...8...9!!!

I had to agree since it was like a war zone in there, so once she stitched me up I was sent on my way. All I can say is mock the Tooth Fairy at your peril!

Still it could be worse, I'm alive and well, it really could be worse.
Last week saw Eleanor Simmonds win 2 golds for Britain in the Paralympics. A swimmer, she broke the world record in one of then, and she is just 13!
Wow. Her disability is dwarfism, and yet to overcome that and win 2 golds is stunning, and she is always smiling and articulate - hugely impressive.

Last week also saw the 7th anniversary of 9/11.
Some people died that day without knowing anything about it, others did not.
Some people went back into the buildings again and again and saved many lives before losing their own.
I've written about these people before, and what they did should be remembered.

Today's point is comparison.
Be careful about who you compare yourself to - others may seem 'better' but there will be plenty who seem 'worse'.
It can be a dangerous game, and it's often more productive to focus on what *you* do, what *you* are.

Ok, that's it for today, I'm off to see if my stitches have dissolved yet.

'Til Next Time,
Health & Happiness,
Gordon
P.S. If you know anyone else who you think would enjoy the Great Gordino Newsletter, please pass it on to them!

Transform Your Life In 21 Days:
http://www.transformyourlifenow.com

Make money writing about the Paralympics?
http://www.gordonbryan.com/sport

Grab my free 8 Step Goal Achievement Plan by sending a blank email to:
mailto:transform@getresponse.com

No comments: