Monday, December 17, 2007

Issue 448 - Chocolate Brazil Crisis?

Hi,
I hope Monday finds you well.

With Christmas lurking around the corner, I thought I might get some treats for myself, and as I was deciding what to get, it occured to me that I hadn't had chocolate brazil nuts for a while.

Whole brazil nuts covered in a thick layer of chocolate - oh yes!
Well in this case, oh no actually.
I couldn't find them in the shops anywhere.

I braved the Christmas aisles of all the shops to no avail.
I even asked the odd assistant or two, but they knew nothing.
Maybe there has been some sort of brazil nut crisis that I had missed, so I went online to search.

It turns out that there is indeed a brazil nut problem.
A lot of countries are now banned from having the nuts in their shells, as the shells contain a toxin which may be linked to liver cancer.
The cost of removing the toxin is prohibitively expensive, so a lot of shops don't sell them now.
The chocolate ones don't have the shells though, so that doesn't fully explain it.

Someone suggested I try the pix 'n' mix sweet section.
They do indeed have chocolate brazils, but there are 3 problems that spring to mind.

Firstly, god only knows how old anything is in those pick'n' mix sections, but 'fresh' is probably not a word that applies.

Secondly, those sweets are open to the grotty little hands of all sorts of tykes, and let's be honest, it's probably best not to think about where some of those hands might have been.

Thirdly, the pick 'n' mix sweets usually cost 79p a quarter, and those chocolate brazils are heavy.
Plop a couple of those beauties into a bag and the price soon shoots up.
For that kind of price, I expect my brazil to be rolled in chocolate up and down the thigh of a real brazilian, and I'm not talking Pele...

If you're reading that thinking that it has nothing to do with goal achievement, self improvement or wealth creation, you'd be right, but it was on my mind so I thought I'd share (something I'm unable to do with chocolate brazils at the moment!)

This is the last newsletter of the year.
The Christmas break is nearly upon us, so my next issue will probably not be until New Year.

It's a good a time as any to look back at 2007.
What did you do this year?Did you do the same as 2006 and get the same results?
Or did you start down a specified road, and make progress?

Your answers will, and should, dictate the way you approach 2008.
The same actions will get the same results, to get different results you need to take different actions.
It's a simple concept, but staggeringly effective if you fully embrace it and use it to your advantage.

So, I'll sign off after another year of waffle.
I hope you enjoy reading, and for those of you that celebrate Christmas, I wish you the same as those that don't, and it's the same thing I wish everyone every week - Health & Happiness!

'Til Next Time,
Gordon
P.S. If you know anyone else who you think would enjoy the Great Gordino Newsletter, please pass it on to them!

The Great Gordino's Curling For Gold:
http://www.gordonbryan.com/curlingforgold.html

Transform Your Life In 21 Days:
http://www.transformyourlifenow.com

How To Make Money From Sport:
http://www.gordonbryan.com/sport

Grab my free 8 Step Goal Achievement Plan by sending a blank email to:
mailto:transform@getresponse.com

No comments: