Monday, November 19, 2007

Issue 444 - A Good Clip Round The Ear

Hi,
I hope Monday finds you well.

Today I want to talk about Bob Mackenzie.
A PE teacher for nearly 20 years, he had dedicated his life to his job, organising soccer trips to the US and skiing trips to the Alps.
He also oragnised the Duke of Edinburgh Awards Scheme for pupils.

For those of you that don't know, the Duke of Edinburgh Awards are for pupils in this country that want to push themselves, that want to prove themselves as worthy team players, decent members of society.
In a world where that kind of attitude is viewed as weak and old fashioned, schemes like this should be cherished, as should the people that organise them, sacrificing loads of their own time to do it.
They do it because they want to encourage people to be the best they can be, while having respect for themselves and those around them.

Mackenzie had a reputation for being hard but fair as a teacher.
I had plenty of those when I was at school, and in my view they were the best.
I talk about Mackenzie's teaching in the past tense, because he has resigned.
Why did he resign?
Because he was forced to, after giving a pupil a clip round the ear.

The pupil was a 15 year old yob, who had pushed him in the chest and called him a Scottish C***.
If I had pushed a teacher and called them that, I would have expected to be punished.

You won't be surprised to hear that the boy and his parents complained to the police.
In my view, the headteacher should have told the boy and his parents to shut up and learn some discipline and respect.
The school's governors should have done the same, and so should the local authority.
Instead, the boy was 'excluded' from school for 5 days!

I bet that taught him a lesson!
Yes, it taught him that showing physical and verbal abuse will bring no consequence whatsoever, and even if it does he can then complain, to protect 'his rights.'

Let's imagine what a shining beacon this yob will be to society...

Will he work?
Hardly, he'll be claiming benefits from the rest of us taxpayers.

Will he be polite and grateful for this free money?
Hardly, he'll be rude and threatening to anyone that questions him.

Basically he'll be a burden to society, while the kind of teacher we sorely need has his career ended.

This kind of thing infuriates me!
Why do we not teach the young that there are consequences to their actions, and when did we get so afraid to make those consequences unpleasant?

That's the whole point of the consequence, that if these morons can't grasp enough self esteem to behave, they need to be forced.

I can safely assume that if you're reading this now, then you're not the kind of yob I'm talking about, because let's be honest, the yobs don't have the brains to understand my way of thinking.

I remember reading in a few goal achievement books, that as adults, it's a waste of energy to try and preach to others, the best thing is to follow your own path, lay a trail by doing the right thing, and if others want to follow, then great.

Ok, that's it for this week, I have steam coming out of my ears!
As I write about in my books below, are you doing the right thing for society and for yourself?

'Til Next Time,
Health and Happiness,
Gordon
P.S. If you know anyone else who you think would enjoy the Great Gordino Newsletter, please pass it on to them!

The Great Gordino's Curling For Gold:
http://www.gordonbryan.com/curlingforgold.html

Transform Your Life In 21 Days:
http://www.transformyourlifenow.com

How To Make Money From Movies:
http://www.gordonbryan.com/movies

Grab my free 8 Step Goal Achievement Plan by sending a blank email to:
mailto:transform@getresponse.com

No comments: