Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Issue 443 - Remember To Remember

Hi,
I hope everything is ok where you are.
This issue is about abundance.

This weekend just gone saw Remembrance Day.
On the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month the first World War ended in 1918, and there's a 2 minute silence at that time every year to remember the men and women that died in the 2 World Wars and other conflicts.

I've seen a huge number of documentaries about what it was like in the wars, but I can still only imagine the horror of being a man of any age, in a position where I knew I was in grave danger of dying but having to press forward.
It's something I've never had to even come close to experiencing and touch wood I never will.
Millions of people have though, and lives of all ages have been ended on battlefields around the world.

I take it for granted that I live in a country without war, and while it should be the case that everyone can take it for granted, it *isn't* the case, which is all the more reason that I am grateful for what I have.

There was another story today about lives being ruined - a man was finally convicted of murdering a schoolgirl in 1975, thanks to DNA evidence.

Another man was jailed for the crime, despite forensic evidence that he could not have done it.
That evidence was not presented at his trial, and he spent 16 years of his life in jail, often subject of attacks from other inmates.
He was freed after an appeal hearing, but only lived for a few more months after his release.
His life was ruined by the real murderer, and obviously so was the family of the girl who was killed.

She was 11 at the time, close to my age, and it's things like this which make me appreciate all the oppportunities I've had.
What could she have done had she not been killed?

I still have a world of opportunity ahead of me, I'm lucky to have this when so many people around the world don't.
It's easy to moan about the little things, but it's important to make sure the big picture of abundance that we enjoy is not lost in our fussing over the details.

It leads to a more contented life if we are fully aware of what we have, and it's something I write about in 3 of the books in my Curling For Gold package.
The first Great Gordino Classic curling tournament was held over the weekend, which was great fun, so if you fancy reading more about my curling ambitions, and my thoughts about appreciating abundance, pop over and have a peek at:
http://www.gordonbryan.com/curlingforgold.html

(There's also a 50% paying affiliate programme)
Ok, that's it for this week - remember to remember lives that have gone, and to appreciate the one you have.

'Til Next Time,
Health and Happiness,
Gordon
P.S. If you know anyone else who you think would enjoy the Great Gordino Newsletter, please pass it on to them!

The Great Gordino's Curling For Gold:
http://www.gordonbryan.com/curlingforgold.html

Transform Your Life In 21 Days:
http://www.transformyourlifenow.com

How To Make Money From Movies:
http://www.gordonbryan.com/movies

Grab my free 8 Step Goal Achievement Plan by sending a blank email to:
mailto:transform@getresponse.com

No comments: