Monday, July 09, 2007

Issue 423 - A French Serving Of Inspiration!

HI,
I hope everything is well where you are.

There were 3 big sporting events in Britain yesterday -
The Tour de France had a trip down near me in the South East.
It was also the men's singles final at Wimbledon, and the British Grand Prix took place too!

Plenty of fodder for me to write about you'd think, and you'd be right!

I'm not going to cover it all today, I wouldn't have room, but I *will* be using all those events to turn into income sources for me.
Note how I don't say 'might', or 'could', but *will*.

I'll be using the technique I reveal in my 'Make Money From Sport' book.
I know that's a blatant plug, but why not!

It's a book I wrote, not someone else, the technique is simple, and it works.
Throw in the fact that I priced it at $7, and I'm proud to mention it:
http://www.gordonbryan.com/sport

Ok, my decision about which sporting event to write about was made for me on Saturday evening by my friend Les Miserable.
I had gone to see him play at a pub, and the first thing he said to me was 'did you see her?'
I knew straight away who he was talking about, and Les knew I'd know!
I replied 'Marion Bartoli?' and Les nodded.
I think it was a nod, may have been wind.

Ooh, by the way, before I deal with Marion (I should be so lucky), I must just also mention that Les has done a version of my Rock & Roll Town song.
I hope it makes you smile as much as it did me, and you can hear it at:
http://www.gordonbryan.com/r&r/r&rsong.html
Click on the right hand side where it says '7 String Les'.

Ok, Marion Bartoli...
Wow, a great sporting story of goal achievement, with the huge added sparkle of enthusiasm and charm.

Marion comes from a small French village of 2,000 people, and was taught tennis by her father.

She has a most peculiar action, especially with her service, but from 18th seed she got all the way to the final, where she managed to give Venus Williams a good run for her money.

In her semi final, she had played badly in the first set against the world number 1 Justine Henin, mainly due to nerves, but then she saw her favourite actor Pierce Brosnan in the crowd and told herself she couldn't play that badly in front of him!
She then went on to play Henin off the court!

In the final she had a slow start again, but then got into the match with her never-say-die attitude.
When she had the trainer work on a foot blister, Venus Williams suddenly also needed medical treatment.

It's a tactic the Williams sisters have used for years, not very subtley either, and to see it once again from a mutli champion is unedifying (ooh, good word), to say the least.

Did Bartoli get flustered by the extra delay?
No, in fact when the crowd started a Mexican wave, Marion joined in from the middle of the court!

Here's one more point to bear in mind before summing up the obvious lessons - in her news conferences, when she was asked how surprised she was to be in the final, she said she *was* excited, yes, but not so surprised because after all, 'I AM a top 20 player!'

Ok, you don't have to play tennis to take inspiration from her.
She learnt her craft herself with her father, including unorthodox methods which would be scorned at by the establishment.

Is it still possible to go your own way and succeed in this day and age? Er, YES!!

She was confident in her abilities.

Although her charm can't necessarily be learnt, her enthusiasm can, and it's a vital ingredient for success.

She had the whole crowd rooting for her, and it's no surprise - take her attitude in life, and amazing things will happen for you.

Just to finish the subject, another nice touch was that she mentioned after the semi that it would be good if Pierce Brosnan could make the final.
As it happened he had a wedding to go to, but he sent her a bouquet of flowers and a letter before the final.

Ok, that's it for today, I'm off to write a bucket load more about sport to earn me money, but I'll leave you you with the thought of Marion Bartoli - as she serves up the inspiration, make sure you use it in your own life!

'Til Next Time,
Health and Happiness,
Gordon
P.S. If you know anyone else who you think would enjoy the Great Gordino Newsletter, please pass it on to them!

How to generate no cost ongoing targeted traffic:
http://www.gordonbryan.com/traffic

How to make money from sport:
http://www.gordonbryan.com/sport

Grab my free 8 Step Goal Achievement Plan by sending a blank email to: mailto:transform@getresponse.com

No comments: