Monday, May 25, 2009

Some Good Lessons And Some Bad Singing!

Hi,
I hope all is well with you.
This issue may be shorter than originally intended, as I have just lost he previous full length version, so am having to write it all again! D'OH!!!

So, on Friday I went to a networking lunch in London hosted by Martin Avis.
I was reminded of some good lessons about goal achievement.

One is about taking action. I had gone after emailing Martin about an idea of mine, and he suggested we chat at the event, which we did.

The second lesson is about surrounding yourself with people of the same mindset - it really helps to make your goals seem real and not far fetched, which is what some people close to you may think, which leads me to the next point...

Talk about your goals! If you get negative reaction, don't try and defend yourself, just don't talk to that person about it again. However, the more you talk to people, you'll be amazed how much good advice and opportunity comes your way.

The 3rd lesson is about focusing on your skills. The idea I am putting together with Martin is around my ability to write. I take it for granted, but there were people at the lunch who freely admitted they hated writing. Others there were programme writers, which I have no clue about, so instead of my trying to go into their field, I need to stick to my own skills.

The last lesson concerns the train jourmey home.
I was sitting there with my ipod on, and on came my own song!
You can hear versions of it here: http://www.myspace.com/rocknrolltown
The chorus needs harmony backing vocals and normally when the song comes on in the car I launch into the vocals.

Unfortunately it's been a long time since I was on a train, and it was only when I noticed people looking at me that I realised I had been singing out loud.
I sheepishly turned the ipod off and asked if I had been singing out loud which was confirmed.
I thought I'd try my luck and asked if it was good enough for 'Britian's Got Talent' - let's just say I got a lot of shaking heads!
Ooh, people can be cruel.

So all in all a good day apart from the train incident, and some good lesson reminders about goal achievement, the kind of thing I talk about in my book 'Transform Your Life in 21 Days!' which you can see more about here:
http://www.transformyourlifenow.com

Ok, that's it for this time, I'm off to practise my harmonies...

'Til Next Time,
Health & Happiness,
Gordon
http://www.transformyourlifenow.com
p.s. Remember to click the picture of me at the bottom of the page!

No comments: