Monday, October 06, 2008

Issue 488 - 4 Foot High On Tiptoes!

Hi,
I hope everything is ok with you.

After last week's issue when I mentioned an affair with someone 12 years younger than me, someone emailed me hoping that I wasn't 20 at the time!
No, I was in fact 30, and with her at 18 it was a shock to me as much as anyone else I can tell you.
So if the same thing is to happen at the curling rink, I'd be looking at someone aged around 30 now!

I was coaching a group with a woman of about that age the other day.
She was tiny, about 4 foot high on tip toes, and I commented on how small her shoes must be.
She turned to her colleagues and shouted 'He just called me a dwarf!!'

She was obviously happy to joke about her height so I took the bait and replied that I hadn't called her a dwarf, because in fact she 'was probably more a midget than a dwarf.'
She asked me what the difference was, and I told her I wasnt an expert and that she should probably know. I said I think dwarfism is a medical condition, and a midget is just a very small person?

Anyway I reckon she fancies me, evidenced by the fact that she's been too shy to get in touch since then.
Maybe she'll come round (and growing a few inches wouldn't hurt either...)

The rink is actually open now, and it's been good to see people curling, and I've won a couple of games too. I decided to lead a team this year so it's good to get wins on the board nice and early.
To celebrate me winning a couple of games, and the rink opening as we crack into October, I'm offering my book which I wrote last year for a special price of $5.

I called it '40+' and it's about how I used goal achievement theory over the previous 20 years. It's more of a story in style than my 'Transform Your Life in 21 days' book, and covers all sorts of things like the above mentioned 18 year old, various entertainment jobs, and coming out of the fog of depression.
It also mentions an idea I had for a new adventure, which I still haven't decided whether to dive into or not.

So anyhoo, if you enjoy my waffle and fancy having a read about various things I've done over the last 20 years, at $5 I reckon you might enjoy it.
No sales page, no big hype, just go to Paypal and send me a $5 payment to gordon@gordonbryan.com and I'll manually send you the book - it's even got some dodgy pictures in it!

Ok, that's it for this week, I'm off to get out my medical dictionary.

'Til Next Time,
Health & Happiness,
Gordon
P.S. If you know anyone else who you think would enjoy the Great Gordino Newsletter, please pass it on to them!

Transform Your Life In 21 Days:
http://www.transformyourlifenow.com

Make money writing about Tiddlywinks?
http://www.gordonbryan.com/sport

Grab my free 8 Step Goal Achievement Plan by sending a blank email to:
mailto:transform@getresponse.com

No comments: