Monday, March 12, 2007

Issue 408 - Eeow! I'm A Good Girl I Am!

Hi,
I hope Monday finds you well.

I was all set for this week's issue, calling it 'Eeow! I'm A Good Girl I am!' and then I saw a great documentary last week called 'The Great Global Warming Swindle'.

Throw in an article I wrote called 'What's The Difference Between 3 Miles And 26 Miles?' and I have 3 different subjects to talk about -
- The problems that are out of your hands on your road to achievement.
- The importance of independent thought.
- The enormous power of your mindset.

I know I could talk about all 3, but I like to keep the newsletter at the same bite-sizish length, so let me just have a quick go at eeny meeny miny mo...

Ok, decision made, (after a best of 5 tournament) -
*******************************************
Eeow! I'm A Good Girl, I Am!'
When I wrote my article 'Move Your Bloomin' Arse!' about the goal achievement nuggets to be found in the film 'My Fair Lady', I had some emails saying they wanted more.
This time, although the title is another phrase uttered by the character Eliza Doolittle, (in a dubious cockney accent it must be said), I want to concentrate on the goal achievement points behind the starring of the actress who played her, Audrey Hepburn.

When the film was first mooted, it was widely thought that the Briton Julie Andrews would play Eliza.
She had played the role in the theatre to rave reviews alongside Rex Harrison, so it was assumed she would be in the film with Harrison too.

Jack Warner from Warner Bros. wanted a bigger box office name, and would not budge from Hepburn.
Can you imagine how it must have felt when early in recording it became clear that Hepburn would not be able to cope with the vocals, and they had to be overdubbed by someone else!
D'oh!

It was Marni Nixon who did the singing, uncredited, something which was not unusual in Hollywood then.

The casting controversy reflected badly on Hepburn, although it was undoubtedly out of her hands.
In fact, the decision to not cast Andrews was taken before Hepburn was cast.

Although the film won 8 Oscars, including best picture and best actor, poor old Audrey wasn't even nominated!

That kind of thing always tarnishes the Oscars for me.
How is it that the film can be so showered with awards, and yet the leading lady was so bad so as not even to get mentioned?
Just a touch political, perhaps, maybe!!

Audrey Hepburn was definitely one of life's goal achievers, helping the underground resistance in Holland during the war, making herself one of the biggest stars in Hollywood, and working as a Unicef goodwill ambassador in later life.

Did she have trouble and strife along the way?
Yes!
Did she still carry on?
Yes, of course she did.

Sometimes things are out of our control, like the whole My Fair Lady casting, but you need to stick with your goal and plough on through.

So, next time you hit a bump on the road to your goals, think of Audrey Hepburn shouting 'Eeow, I'm a good girl, I am', although if you're a man, maybe do it under your breath.

Hmm, thinking about it, maybe do it under your breath if you're a woman too!

Ok, that's it for today - can you speak cockney like Audrey Hepburn?

'Til next time,
Health and Happiness,
Gordon
P.S. If you know anyone else who you think would enjoy the Great Gordino Newsletter, please pass it on to them!

Transform Your Life in 21Days!
http://www.transformyourlifenow.com

How to generate no cost ongoing targeted traffic:
http://www.gordonbryan.com/traffic

How to make money from movies:
http://www.gordonbryan.com/movies

Grab my free 8 Step Goal Achievement Plan by sending a blank email to:
mailto:transform@getresponse.com

No comments: