Monday, February 26, 2007

Issue 406 - Quick It's March 1st - Set Your New Year Resolutions!

I am in the process of moving autoresponders, so to continue receiving the newsletter in your inbox, please send a blank email to: thegreatgordino@getresponse.com

Hi,
I hope Monday finds you well.

Quick marathon update.
8 weeks to go 'til the 'race', and yesterday I did 15 miles in 3 hours 1 minute.
That's staying with my target time.
I had remembered my padded shorts, so the old area of chafing was trouble free.
Unfortunately when I got home I noticed chafing in a new, and quite frankly disturbing area.

Let's just say I won't be rushing out to book any horse riding lessons, are you with me?
Although I might invest in one of those blow up cushions that look like a ring doughnut, do you follow?

Ouch.

You may remember (although I accept the possibility that you don't), that last week I said I might be writing today about how to seduce women with your thumbs.
Well at the mo I have loads of subjects to write about, they are stacking up a bit, so that issue will be shunted back.

I also want to talk about the Hubble space telescope, how close the whole project came to collapse.
I also want to talk about money in sport, specifically a new book I've written, the boxer Lennox Lewis, womens' tennis, and Italian skiing.

So, with all that upcoming, today's issue is called 'Quick! It's March 1st, Set Your New Year Resolutions!

Every New Year the old chesnut of New Year resolutions comes up.
It seems that every newsletter online focuses on the subject - why to set them, why not to set them, how to set them, er, how not to set them, blah blah, yada yada.
Then a week later, those same newsletters go back to the focus of 'buy my latest product.'

I make my view known around the same time, don't get me wrong, but since the whole point of this newsletter is goal achievement and self improvement, I reckon I'm allowed to.
I tend to say that a joking 'intending to fail' resolution is bad news, as it tells your subconscious mind all the wrong messages.

So here we are, with March 1st looming this week.
If you made any resolutions at all in the New Year, how well are they going?
Has anything changed between then and now, or are things exactly the same as they were.
If they're the same, is that what you want?
If that isn't what you want, what will you do about it the next 2 months that you *didn't* do in the last 2 months?

Basically what I'm saying, is that March 1st is a great time to set your yearly goals.
You don't get caught up in all the New Year nonsense.
You have had a chance to assess how the year has gone, and how it will carry on if you let it.
It's a much better date to decide by yourself, for yourself, what you want for the upcoming 12 months.

Then you can look back on March 1st 2008 and do another check.
When people ask you about your resolutions on Jan 1st 2008, you can tell them about your March 1st goals.
If they know anything about goal achievement, they'll smile and acknowledge your plan.
If they know nothing about goal achievement, they'll laugh at your 'silly idea.'

You'll be the one laughing loudest though, when you see how setting March 1st resolutions makes much more powerful changes in your life.

I hope you can see the logic here, I welcome your feedback as ever, and if you don't think the idea's any good, let me know what you've done goal achievement wise in the last 2 months.

Before I sign off, I must give a mention to Martin Avis' newsletter.
A fellow Brit, he has the same sense of humour as me, I always get a smile and a lift from reading his Kickstart Newsletter.
This week he features a 10,000 foot skydive from a sufferer of motor neuron disease- very inspirational.
It's well worth a read, and it's well worth signing up to:
http://www.kickstartarchive.com

Ok, that's it for today, don't forget to make your March 1st Resolutions on Thursday!

'Til next time,
Health and Happiness,
Gordon
P.S. If you know anyone else who you think would enjoy the Great Gordino Newsletter, please pass it on to them!

Transform Your Life in 21Days!
http://www.transformyourlifenow.com

How To Make Money Selling $7 Information Products:
http://www.gordonbryan.com/7dollarsecrets

How to generate no cost ongoing targeted traffic:
http://www.gordonbryan.com/traffic

Grab my free 8 Step Goal Achievement Plan by sending a blank email to:
mailto:transform@getresponse.com

No comments: