Monday, September 11, 2006

Issue 383 - Mon 11th Sep 2006

Hi,
I hope Monday finds you well.

Today's date really dictates what I write about today.
Most newslettersr around this time, particularly those today will talk about 9/11, so I could deliberately *not* mention it, but that would just be churlish.

When I write, I focus on 3 areas - goal achievement, self-improvement and wealth creation.
I have done for coming up to 4 years, and I'll continue to do so.

Today, as the space shuttle Atlantis docks to the International Space Station, we can see a spectacular example of our goal achievement and self improvement as humans.
5 years ago when the towers were hit, there were so many tales of people who maybe didn't lead as spectacular a life as an astronaut, but they contributed to society.

Think of the rescue services, who find their fulfilment and self improvement, by helping others to live.
They risk their lives to often achieve amazing goals, and faced with an impossible situation that day, they still pressed forward, and it cost hundreds of them their life.

On days like this when we remember events like the ones 5 years ago, the raft of documentaries bring back the human tales of what happened, and I like to look out of the window.

I like to look at something natural - it may be a tree, or the grass.
Then I close my eyes.

I imagine it all taken away.
Then I open my eyes again, and take another look.

The wealth creation I talk about doesn't have to be financial wealth - how about the wealth of abundance?
This doesn't even need to be created, it just needs to be appreciated!

Do I have wealth of abundance that I can look at the grass and trees, open the window and smell the fresh air?
It's a window to a flat which keeps a roof over my head, where I lie down with a healthy body.
Anyone telling me that isn't abundance is reading the wrong newsletter!

It's a simple point today.
It's also very obvious.

That doesn't make it any less valid.

Yes, the little things can get on our nerves and irritations are easy to find, but today is as good a day as any to step back and appreciate what we really have.

That's it for this week.
Have a good week.
'Til Next Time,
Health and Happiness,
Gordon
Get involved with my Marathon at:
http://www.thegreatgordinomarathon.com

No comments: