Friday, November 13, 2009

Fri 13th Nov - A Magnificent Woman In Her Flying Machine?

Hi,
I hope everything is ok where you are.

Today I'm writing about Kirsty Moore.
Who?

Well, Kirsty has joined the Red Arrows, the display team of the RAF.
Famous around the world for their acrobatics in the sky for 45 years, Kirsty is the first woman to be one of the pilots.

I was amazed when I saw it on the news, but even more amazed to hear that their was no woman pilot in the RAF until 1991, and no woman jet pilot until 1994!

That seems staggering to me, and the reason behind it?
Well, let's not beat around the bush, it's prejudice.
To suggest that women did not have the skill or brains to do it is obviously ludicrous, so it comes down to basic prejudice, still around I'm afraid, but it's people like Kirsty who are breaking down those remaining barriers.

So, some obvious goal achievement theories with her story...

She is only 32, and says she decided to be in the RAF when she saw the Red Arrows when she was 13.
That shows what dedication and commitment can achieve, 19 years worth!

She also says her father told her to aim high and go for her dreams, which is a classic goal achievement technique, to believe you can do what you want, but follow it up with persistent action.

The publicity says she got the job due to her flying skills, and that's backed up by her many years as an instructor - in fact one of the other Red Arrow new recruits was one of her pupils.

Well done to Kirsty I say!
Google her to read more, and when you see the Red Arrows next, think of Kirsty Moore in Red Three, and remember the goal achievement story there.

You may want to break barriers yourself, in which case good luck, and go for it! However, it's more likely that someone else will have already done what your dream is, making it easier for you - all you have to do is follow what they did!

Kirsty has broken down one more barrier, so if you happen to be a 13 yr old girl who wants to be in the Red Arrows, there's your plan!

It's the kind of thing I write about in my book, 'Transform your Life in 21 Days!'
You can grab it for the special price of $5 by clicking my picture at the bottom of this page:
http://www.transformyourlifenow.com/

Ok, that's it for this time, I'm off to fire up my jets to get me to the chocolate cupboard a bit quicker.

'Til Next Time.
Health & Happiness,
Gordon
P.S. Grab my motivational book 'Transform Your Life in 21 Days!' here, it may take you all the way to Red Arrows! Click my picture at the bottom of that page for the special price:
http://www.transformyourlifenow.com/

No comments: