Monday, November 20, 2006

Issue 393 - Blistered To Buggery

Hi,
I hope Monday finds you well.

I think I'll call this week's issue 'Blistered to Buggery'.
I'm sure the good old filters may not like it, but let's face it, 'Blistered Quite A Bit' doesn't quite have the same ring to it does it!!

There's a little tip in itself about article titles.
If you're not using articles to generate free targeted traffic, firstly I ask you why not, and secondly I would suggest you use titles which use the most descriptive words you can , and if they start with the same letter, even better!

Members of my Grab A Grand Club can have me go through any article they write, and I'll come up with titles for your article all day long if you want!

Ok, so where was I.. oh yes, blistered to buggery...
Both my hands and feet are suffering on the blister front at the moment.
Although getting hand blisters from drumming is not unusual. I seem, to have them badly at the moment, some real whoppers.
If you imagine typing with a water balloon stuck to your thumb, you won't be far away from where I am!

In my marathon training I havn't had real foot blisters so far, but as with my hands I noticed a worsening this week.

I wondered what was causing it, and lay awake for, oooh it must have been several minutes pondering.
Then the penny dropped... it's the curling!

All that friction of broom against hand when you sweep has pushed my fingers over the edge, and my questions about why some curlers wear special gloves is being answered!
Also, when you sweep, you tend to hop and shuffle along the ice, your concentration is centred on where you put the broom, not your feet.

At the weekend I was sitting in on drums for Shameful Behaviour, and the drumming has intensified the friction on my hands, the running has intensified the blisters on my feet, and with all the extra puss I must have put on a few pounds in weight!

Of course I could stop doing one or all three of those activities, and the blisters would be better.

I won't though.
I enjoy doing all three, they are vital to my rest and recuperation.
If I stopped just because of a bit of blistering, my quality of life would suffer.

Not hugely, but nevertheless, if you start cutting out your pleasures in life, you can find yourself on a slippery slope towards hermitude.
Hmm, hermitude, does that work - being a hermit, hermitude?
Good word anyway.

Right then, that's it for today, what niggles do you put up with for your vital r & r?
Have a good week.'

'Til Next Time,
Health and Happiness,
Gordon
Join my Grab A Grand Club at:
http://www.thegrabagrandclub.com

Support your own favourite cause at:
http://www.thegreatgordinomarathon.com

No comments: