Monday, June 25, 2007

Issue 421 - Elastic Band Whiplash

Hi,
I hope everything is well where you are.

Well I've had a funny old week - sort of difficult to explain.
Almost, in fact, to the point where it's not worth the effort, but of course as you know I like to get things off my chest (waffle), so here we go.

Something nearly happened.
It didn't happen, I hadn't expected or planned it to happen, it was a surprise, and had it happened it could have taken my life in a whole new direction, quite possibly with permanent (good consequences).
As it happens, it didn't happen, because of circumstance which happened to exist outside my control.
There you go, bordering on the nonsensical, and probably triggering spam filters due to my overuse of the word 'happen'.

I would liken the experience to an elastic band...
Imagine that you have an elastic band stretched between 2 fingers.
Then you take one side of it with your other hand and pull it.
Then you let go, and the subsequent TWANG sends ripples into the other side of the band.
I have a sort of elastic band whiplash!

It just goes to show, as I say often, that you don't know what life will throw at you.
It might be a long way down the road, it may be just around the corner, but life *will* throw surprises at you.
It's another reason to enjoy what you have at the present, and to make sure that if there is something you want to do, then get on and do it!
You may go round the corner, and bump into one of life's surprises which means you are no longer *able* to do what you wanted, and you may look back with regret at the opportunities you have right now.

This week is the last full week of me being 40.
Next Monday I'm planning to launch my new project, which will just sneak in before I turn 41.
To lead up to that, I've been thinking about what I did at 40.

I trained for and ran my first marathon.
I didn't get into the London Marathon, so just ran on my own around the local streets at the same time as the London race.
My time of 5 hours 45 is no record buster, but I was chuffed to bits - let's face it, it's a long way!
You can download the book I wrote to accompany the training here:
http://www.gordonbryan.com/cat/mm.pdf
It's free until July 3rd, then that option will be taken down.

Another project I started, but haven't really pursued yet is called 'The Great Gordino's Tears of a Clown.'
It's a photo idea, with the theme being the outward face we put to society, and whether we are too guilty of putting a false face to *ourselves* too!
I'm trying to get more models to pose, it would work for old, young, men, women, good lookers and the pig ugly...
You can see the basic idea at:
http://www.gordonbryan.com/clown.html

Something else I did to mark my 40th was write a song.
I called it 'Rock & Roll Town', and it's a deliberately cheesy-written-by-numbers song, and my idea was that it would be fun if loads of bands from all over the world recorded their own version.

As with a lot of my ideas, not everyone thinks it's as good as I do!
It has taken nearly a year to get another band to record a version, and you can hear my original and version 2 at my site on myspace.
Just to show again that you don't know what's around the corner, I got an email this very morning, from a band I had never heard of, saying they had done a version too!
You can also hear their version at the site:
http://www.myspace.com/rocknrolltown

One final thing in this last week of my being 40 - I can't decide whether to reduce my 'Transform Your Life in 21 Days' book to $7.
I wrote that in 2003, since when it has sold for $27 here:
http://www.transformyourlifenow.com/

I probably *will* reduce the price to $7, but for this week only, until 3rd July, you as a reader can get it for $7 here:
http://www.gordonbryan.com/offer.html

Ok, that's it for this week, have you seen all the things I've done for my 40th?

'Til Next Time,
Health and Happiness,
Gordon
P.S. If you know anyone else who you think would enjoy the Great Gordino Newsletter, please pass it on to them!
How to generate no cost ongoing targeted traffic:
http://www.gordonbryan.com/traffic

How to make money from movies:
http://www.gordonbryan.com/movies

Grab my free 8 Step Goal Achievement Plan by sending a blank email to:
mailto:transform@getresponse.com

No comments: